cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Re: [Bug] Default-reader depends on JTidy!!!
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 13:26:24 GMT

Bruno Dumon wrote:

> Hmm, for the xmlizer, it's still not like I expected it to be.
>
> The dependency moved out of the core, but the xmlizer will still be used
> transparently (if the html block is enabled). Would you mind if it is
> removed completely?

Yes :)

Now, the "trick" is that the cocoon provides a toSAX method in the
cocoon source resolver interface. This method makes internally the
test against XMLizable and - if the object is not XMLizable - uses
the XMLizer component.

I think this is a very usefull feature, because whatever Source object
you have, you always get SAX events (ok, this is of course only
true for the supported mime-types).
And I personally really like this transparent handling.

But I see the point, so one solution is to not use the above mentioned
toSAX() method whenever the transparent handling is not wanted.
If, however, I'm the only one who thinks that the use of the xmlizer
is in some situations usefull, we could discuss to remove it completly.
But I personally doubt that I'm the only one :)

Carsten