cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] Access to the object model
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 08:34:49 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> I even find it cleaner than having to pass the object model as a
> parameter down to components that need it, eventually having to pass it
> through components that absolutely don't care about it. And if the call
> chain goes through components that don't allow the transmission of the
> object model, then you're stuck to the ugly
> CocoonComponentManager.getCurrentEnvironment().getObjectModel().

Yes, and this is exactly one of my points, adding the object model to
the signature of a component doesn't make sense. On the other hand,
you need the object model in some implementations.

I think a simple ObjectModelHelper.getObjectModel() would do the
trick for now :)

(Let the flame war start...)

Carsten