cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] Access to the object model
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 12:33:00 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Carsten,
>
> You invoke those auth components via the sitemap, right [1]? Which means
> that there are sitemap components who know about those auth components
> and call them when needed. This means that those sitemap components must
> know where to store this info and that auth components need that info,
> and they must pass this info to the auth components and back into the
> place it is stored. Much cleaner IoC.
>
> Do I make any sense?

I think I get what you mean, but it's not that simple. You have an auth
component that gets from somewhere (doesn't matter from where) the
information if for the current request the a user information is available.

Now, I lookup this auth component from somewhere else (Component B) and want
simply
know if a user is logged-in. Component B does not know anything about how
this information is stored by the auth component of course.
In order to make the auth component ThreadSafe, the auth component has
to store the user information somewhere in a thread safe way and
I don't want a dependency to the calling component.

Carsten