cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] Access to the object model
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 05:54:31 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> on 5/19/03 9:37 AM Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> > Yes, I currently don't know which way is better. Using Context and
> > Resolvable is somehow cleaner (IoC), but the static version is very
> > simple. Hmm, has anyone else an opinion?
>
> Question: why do you need this in the first place?

At least there are two cases where I need the object model:
a) to get information about the current request, so basically getting
   the current request/response object and any other information
   stored in the object model
b) to store information on a per request base, so basically using
   the request attributes to store/retrieve information

I think for developing components those two things are very useful and
needed.

Carsten