cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Renaming HTMLGenerator to TidyGenerator?
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 12:43:45 GMT
Torsten Knodt wrote:
> Yes, I'd like to. HTMLGenerator also uses tidy. For new users,
> this would be
> hard to understand. And providing a deprecated HTMLGenerator
> which maps to
> TidyGenerator wouldn't be the problem. Also the naming would be
> consistent
> between Generator and Serializer.

You could also name your Serializer HTMLSerializer :)

Now, speaking about names: it's an implementation detail that
jtidy is used inside the htmlgenerator and doesn't play a role
for the name of the component. The name of the generator
is choosen by the task it does and that is reading html and
producing xhtml out of it. So I think HTMLGenerator is a good
choice.

Carsten