cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
Subject RE: using bugzilla dependencies (was: M2 is build)
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 11:42:16 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le Mardi, 20 mai 2003, à 12:53 Europe/Zurich, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
> >
> > Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> >> ...Regarding coordination: In the teams for which I work (the ones
> >> who are
> >> "getting it" I mean ;-) we use bugzilla bugs to coordinate releases,
> >> opening a bug "release X" with dependencies on bugs/tasks which block
> >> the release....
> > Sounds interesting. How do you manage the dependencies?
> > I'm not sure but wouldn't marking the bugs as blockers and giving
> > them a correct version (latest cvs) do the same?
> There is a good example in
> 86168 is an "umbrella bug" which helps follow the progress of making
> "html templates" work.
Ah, ok - looks really interesting!

> On nagoya this is apparently not activated (would be "usedependencies"
> in I think), but it
> must be supported in the version of Bugzilla that is there as
> shows
> a page.
Ok, that's why I didn't saw it as I tried to find this dependency stuff.

> I think it would just be a matter of enabling usedependencies in our
> bugzilla, I find it much quicker to use than using blockers+version
> numbers. The dependency tree shows at a glance what is required to
> accomplish a given task.
Is this a per project feature or a per bugzilla installation one?
If it is the latter I guess, even if we want to have it, it will be
very difficult to turn this on for all projects.

View raw message