cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] allow redirects in handle-errors
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 08:19:46 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> The point is all about what one has to gain:
>
>   1 - is the feature needed/not doable by oher means?
>   2 - is this feature a possible problem?
>
> For me, 2 definately outweighs 1.

Ok, that's fair - I think this now depends a little bit on
personal taste;
If I personally know that something has a possible problem,
I avoid to use it but *if* I use it I will take care that
this possible problem does not arise. I agree that others
might handle this different.

So, I think everyone now understand the different view points,
and I really can't tell who is really wrong and who is really
right. There is no right or wrong with this topic, I think.

The situation is simple :)
- redirects are currently allowed
- we have several -1
- we have several +1

So, I guess we have three solutions:
a) Leave it as it is and ignoring the -1 ...hmmm...
b) Changing it again and hitting all the +1 at the head ...hmmm...
c) Making it configurable, default is "redirects are not allowed"
   ...and this will make everyone happy, right?

Ok, I don't mean c) serious, but perhaps others see this as a real
solution?

I think, the only viable solution is b) and adding a redirect-action
to the core :)

Carsten