cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Announcement] Cocoon Portal - moving forward
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 10:32:41 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

> > Ok, it's fixed now - it has something do to with the inner classes
> > formerly used in the DefaultEventManager - I removed the use of
> > inner classes and now it works.
> > Hmm, a little bit strange for me.
>
> Okay, works, thank you.
>
> One question, how does the PortalGenerator get the file
> profiles/layout/portal.xml using by one parameter?
>
> <map:generate type="portal" label="content">
> <map:parameter name="portal-name" value="portal" />
> </map:generate>

This is currently hard-coded. The path is built by
"profiles/layout/{portal-name}.xml".

> Another question, the HTMLRootTransformer seems to produce
> ensure that you doesn't have multiple root elements in the
> content?

No, the basic idea is that the portal generator spits out the
portal without the surrounding tags required for html (or
any other format). So, you can - in theory - aggregate
two or more portals in one page.
This is a contract between the portal generator and the pipeline,
the person building the portal has decided that the portal generator
does not produce the html tag and uses the htmlroottransformer
instead. You can - of course - do this differently.

Carsten