cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: cocoon:// design bug?
Date Sun, 18 May 2003 10:57:41 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> SNIP
> Result: I vote -1 to any modification of the cocoon: protocol behavior
> until we release Cocoon 2.1

And I vote +1 for your -1 ;)

Seriously:
a) we shouldn't change the cocoon: protocol behaviour and create
   incompatibilities
b) if you really need such a different behaviour, you can implement your
   own protocol version - remember, protocols are components in cocoon
   and can be adopted for your own needs. It's possible, but I personally
   wouldn't do so for this case.

In most applications I did over the last years with cocoon, I never
needed the absolute version of cocoon:, the relative one was suffucient
As Stefano explained, cocoon:// was not the best idea and the "real-blocks"
(can we find a better name for it? Perhaps Flux Compensator?) will solve
this. Ok, it's a little bit odd, to always hear "real-blocks" will solve
this and this and that as well, but simply see it as a motivation to
support the development of the next cocoon version beyound 2.1 ;)

Carsten