cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stoeckel, Matthias" <Matthias.Stoec...@Dresdner-Bank.com>
Subject Re: Use Xalan CVS snapshot instead of released version? (was Re: [Bug] multiple Xalan transformations and i18n doesn't function wi th late st Cocoon snapshot)
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 13:50:22 GMT

> Where do we go from here? Wait some more? We should make a decission
> before the M2 release.
>
> To summarize the situation:
> Xalan 2.5 contains a blocking bug (namespaces in endElement events can
> be incorrect when mixing namespaced and non-namespaced elements). This
> bug is fixed in Xalan CVS. So now we can either go back to 2.4.1 while
> waiting for a 2.5.1, or we can work with a CVS snapshot.
>
> --
> Bruno Dumon                             http://outerthought.org/
> bruno@outerthought.org                          bruno@apache.org

Moving back to the released Xalan 2.4.1 is no real solution, because there
are also some critical bugs in this (released) version too. Look at this for
example:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104454921432433&w=2
I think the only solution would be the latest 2.4.1 or 2.5 cvs source.
  Matthias