cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Oliver" <coli...@SeeBeyond.com>
Subject RE: JXTemplateTransformer Questions
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 23:34:59 GMT
Sorry, I meant "no problem" about working with Daniel. I didn't have any
intention of moving to Jakarta-commons.

Regards,

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:stefano@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 2:30 PM
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: JXTemplateTransformer Questions

on 5/9/03 11:25 AM Christopher Oliver wrote:

>>I think it would be very cool if we could work together on this. A DOM

>><-> Bean adapter is IMO of such a large general interest so that it is

>>good idea to develop it whithin jakarta-common. As a commiter within
>>xml-apache, you can get commit rights in jakarta-commons just by
>>asking for it, IIUC.
>

> Sure, no problem.

In light of the community problems that followed factoring out
source-resolving and xml-util to Avalon, I would *strongly* suggest that
you keep developing Cocoon-related stuff inside the cocoon CVS until it
makes sense to refactor it.

going the jakarta-commons way right away can be applealing
architecturally wise, but community-wise is a huge mistake, IMHO.

--
Stefano.