cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: Status of XMLForm in Cocoon
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 13:20:52 GMT
Le Mardi, 20 mai 2003, à 15:15 Europe/Zurich, Giacomo Pati a écrit :

> On Tue, 20 May 2003, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> Both are suboptimal options. A fork is a bad thing and unfortunately
>> you seem to be caught in its consequences.
> I disagree. A fork can be healthy sometimes and if you have a healthy
> community
> around the forked stuff you'll move ahead faster.

Even if both branches of the fork stay active? I doubt it, as in this
case there is a division of the available forces.

I'd agree if the plan is to somewhate reintegrate the forked stuff into
the main project - the forked part remains dormant in the main project
until it is sufficiently improved to come back as a better component.

View raw message