cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Geoff Howard" <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation DirectoryGenerator.java
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 23:46:43 GMT
Educational question: (my education, not yours ;) )

For two nearly concurrent requests, is it possible for a problem to
occur if the second request causes Cocoon to use the incomplete
Validity?

My first guess was that its safe unless DirectoryGenerator would implement
ThreadSafe.  But then, the validity lookup isn't tied to the _use_ of the
Generator.  Ok, but the cached response won't have been cached yet, so
during the incomplete phase, the incomplete validity won't be found by the
second request... um... right?

Forgive me while I still try to wrap my brain around how the component
container, the caching process, etc. all interact...

Brilliantly simple solution by the way,
Geoff