cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Should we catch java.lang.Error? (was RE: XMLForm and sitemap problem (fwd))
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 14:31:06 GMT
Le Jeudi, 8 mai 2003, à 16:20 Europe/Zurich, Bruno Dumon a écrit :

> ...What kind of loops do you have in mind?

(I hope we do not restart an issue like "redirects in
map:handle-errors" ;-)

Scenario:
1. Serializer throws NoClassDefFoundError
2. error handler catches it, attempts to generate a nice error page
3. nice error page pipeline throws another NoClassDefFoundError
4. back to 2. for more fun...

I don't know exactly where NoClassDefFoundError might occur in the
original scenario, so this might not apply, but I think that's the kind
of idea behind "Errors should always be rethrown if caught".

-Bertrand