cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: input module stopped working
Date Sun, 18 May 2003 15:16:12 GMT

On Sunday, May 18, 2003, at 03:08 PM, Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 01:18:32PM +0100, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I just updated to the latest CVS and an input module I had setup
>> stopped working.
>
> Probably my fault.  I've been trying to make error checking more
> robust,
> so things fail with a bang rather than silently.
>
>> Any ideas what might be wrong?
>>
>> This is the declaration in the 'input-modules' section of
>> 'cocoon.xconf':
>>
>> <component-instance
>> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.XMLFileModule"
>>  logger="core.modules.xml" name="iniva-conf">
>>   <file src="cocoon://iniva/xconf"/>
>> </component-instance>
>> <component-instance
>> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.ChainMetaModule"
>>  logger="core.modules.input" name="iniva">
>>   <input-module name="request-param"/>
>>   <input-module name="simplemap">
>>     <prefix>/vars/</prefix>
>>     <input-module name="iniva-conf"/>   <!-- this is line:218 of
>> cocoon.xconf -->
>
> It looks like this is meant to reference the previously configured
> iniva-conf module.  The problem is that the code is trying to
> *re*configure it, and is expecting a nested <file> element in the
> configuration.
>
> I've taken out the ConfigurationException until I understand exactly
> what's going on.  Please refetch from CVS and try again.

I still get an error (but the samples still work), but this time it is
an NPF:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.XMLFileModule.getContextObjec
t(XMLFileModule.java:284)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.AbstractJXPathModule.getAttri
buteValues(AbstractJXPathModule.java:272)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.AbstractMetaModule.get(Abstra
ctMetaModule.java:388)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.AbstractMetaModule.getValues(
AbstractMetaModule.java:312)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.SimpleMappingMetaModule.getAt
tributeValues(SimpleMappingMetaModule.java:266)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.AbstractMetaModule.get(Abstra
ctMetaModule.java:388)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.AbstractMetaModule.getValues(
AbstractMetaModule.java:298)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.ChainMetaModule.getAttributeV
alues(ChainMetaModule.java:209)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.ChainMetaModule.getAttribute(
ChainMetaModule.java:300)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariableRes
olver.resolve(PreparedVariableResolver.java:296)

etc.

regards Jeremy