cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: linking from main samples to block samples
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 09:58:37 GMT
Le Jeudi, 8 mai 2003, à 11:31 Europe/Zurich, Nicola Ken Barozzi a écrit
:

> ...We can now style this with xslt in Ant or Cocoon to not show
>    items where @exclude="true"

Sounds interesting as a static way of knowing which blocks are present.

Maybe there's another way, not too hard IIUC: how about an InputModule
that find out whether certain Roles are available? Might be more
generally useful.

I assume a Composable InputModule can ask its component manager for any
sitemap component, is that correct?

The module could be configured to check for the presence of specific
Roles, and report in the sitemap using something like

   <map:transform src="someXslt.xsl">
     <map:parameter name="fopBlockPresent"
value="{role-present:fopSerializer}"/>
   </map:transform>