cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Building Cocoon 2.1 on Windows 98
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 06:42:41 GMT
Le Vendredi, 16 mai 2003, à 08:21 Europe/Zurich, Pierrick Brihaye a
écrit :

> ...One solution would be to add the senvar.com binary program in a
> dedicated
> directory, maybe : tools/win98/senvar.com

As this most probably applies to a minority of Cocoon users, I'd
suggest instead creating a page on the Wiki
(http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp) describing the workarounds needed
to compile under Windows 98. If you're not familiar with wiki you can
post your description here and someone will pick it up.

Adding stuff to CVS means said stuff has to be maintained and tested
later on, and I'm not sure if anyone from the Cocoon team is willing to
support a win 98 build. A description on the Wiki is more open for
people to use / patch as they like, without requiring involvment from
committers.

Note that http://www.tl.infi.net/~wtnewton/batch/senvar.txt doesn't
mention any license for senvar, it might be best to link to this page
rather than copying senvar somewhere.

-Bertrand