cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: new PDF caching sample - unable to get caching to work
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 10:12:21 GMT
Le Vendredi, 2 mai 2003, à 10:28 Europe/Zurich, Carsten Ziegeler a
écrit :

> ...Can you see, that the output of the generator is cached?

Yes, it is - the page content contains a timestamp created by the
Generator, and it stays the same for the duration that my Generator
sets using a DeltaTimeValidity.

> It seems that your stylesheet transformation prevents the caching,
> which means that the transformer might get a different key/validity
> each time it is used.

Ok, I found out more, here's what I see in the log:

Found cached response for 'cache-test-ONE-a-250.pdf' using key:
PK_G-file-cocoon://samples/xsp/java/
cacheable?pageKey=ONE&other=a&validity=30_T-xslt-file:/Users/bert/
workspace/apache/cocoon-2.1/build/webapp/samples/fop/cache-test/xsp-
sample-to-fo.xsl;pages=250_S-fo2pdf-1

IIUC correctly the key contains element from all three pipeline
components (FOPSerializer uses "1" for the key, I'm going to change
this to a more descriptive constant).

But right after this comes:

AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline: Cached content is invalid for
'cache-test-ONE-a-250.pdf'

But this doesn't tell me who's saying that the content is invalid.
Let's fire up the debugger ;-)

> For caching the sitemap components are asked one after the other
> if they support caching, so if the transformer is not cacheable
> your serializer is never called.

Ok, thanks for the clarification!

-Bertrand