cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: invalid caching problem
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 15:26:02 GMT

On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 07:04 PM, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I mentioned this problem a while ago but got no feedback, so I am
> trying again ....

Hmmm, again, no feedback .....

I have done some more tests ..... this is what appears to be happening:

If I put this in my pipeline (to reduce server load):

	<map:parameter name="expires" value="access plus 120 minutes"/>

then whenever:

	1) the content has changed
	2) I hit reload and the server sends a full 200 response

changes in the source used by the file generator are ignored.

If I remove that statement and trash the cache, no problem occurs.

changes to XSLT are not effected by this bug
changes to CIncluded source are not effected by this bug

Only the FileGenerator.

Either the existence of the 'expires' parameter in the Sitemap causes a
change in behaviour in the FileGenerator's caching code.

Or when the 'expires' param has been used the Browser sends a different
type of request that means the FileGenerator behaves differently.

As a workaround, I can leave the 'expires' param out of the SiteMap for
the Development server, only using it on the Production server.

But it would obviously be nice to find the cause of the problem ;)

Thanks for any feedback

regards Jeremy