cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject using bugzilla dependencies (was: M2 is build)
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 11:23:52 GMT
Le Mardi, 20 mai 2003, à 12:53 Europe/Zurich, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> ...Regarding coordination: In the teams for which I work (the ones
>> who are
>> "getting it" I mean ;-) we use bugzilla bugs to coordinate releases,
>> opening a bug "release X" with dependencies on bugs/tasks which block
>> the release....

> Sounds interesting. How do you manage the dependencies?
> I'm not sure but wouldn't marking the bugs as blockers and giving
> them a correct version (latest cvs) do the same?

There is a good example in
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=86168.
86168 is an "umbrella bug" which helps follow the progress of making
"html templates" work.

On nagoya this is apparently not activated (would be "usedependencies"
in http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/editparams.cgi I think), but it
must be supported in the version of Bugzilla that is there as
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=1234 shows
a page.

I think it would just be a matter of enabling usedependencies in our
bugzilla, I find it much quicker to use than using blockers+version
numbers. The dependency tree shows at a glance what is required to
accomplish a given task.

-Bertrand