cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [RT] FOM
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 07:33:37 GMT
<snips cause="agree or dont't understand implications enough to talk"/>

Le Mardi, 27 mai 2003, à 08:44 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit
:
> ... 2) design for safety: the flow will be a center of abuse because
> people
> will find it easier to write longer flows than to restructure their
> business logic into components. We must make all possible efforts to
> reduce this from happening....

+1.
This is very important so that Flow does not become the next JSP or ASP
;-)

> ... Object getComponent(id) -> obtains the component indicated by the
> given ID...

Does this mean *any* Component, or do you foresee a way for Components
to say if they're made available in the FOM or not? Making everything
accessible might also lead to easy abuse IMHO.

> ...NOTE: both Ricardo and I believe that the flow should always be
> associated with a Session. Thus the use of the semantics "getSession"
> instead of "createSession"...

I like that, but isn't there a possible attack where a client makes a
lot of requests without cookies/session IDs, and overflows the poor
server who's creating millions of Sessions without asking anything
first?
Is that taken care of somewhere else already?

> ----
> The Log Object
> ----
> ------ properties ------
>
>  NONE

Why no isDebugEnabled etc?

Without this it is not possible to add lots of logging without worrying
about runtime costs.
Good logging improves quality, I think these properties are needed.

-Bertrand