cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Arjé Cahn <A...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Backend cache invalidation
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 15:01:50 GMT
> > I actually thought you wanted to PUSH your new data into the
> > cache. Which sounds pretty cool anyway. This as opposed to
> > getting it from the database on request (and waiting a long
> > time for the response).
>
> That seems to be an issue that pops up from time to time.  Most common
> suggested solution seems to be to run some front end walking
> package across
> the site to do a pre-populate via pull. You're right, push would be
> interesting...

Problem is that you don't exactly know /what/ needs to be updated in the cache when you change
a certain object. For example, how do you know whether the results of a SQL statement have
changed when you change some value in a table without actually running the query? Although
SQL might be pretty easy because you know all the tables and columns it is acting on.

Arje