cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Arjé Cahn <A...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [OT] What is OSS [was: Cocoon Stammtisch]
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 11:47:40 GMT
Hold on; of course, there are more ways to /get paid for/ open source development. There should
be, otherwise it wouldn't work. I didn't mean to say that there is only one way of doing it
right (->Cathedral / Bazaar) - but it's the way we do it. It's a very good point to acknowledge
the effort developers put into Open Source.

[DW]
> With that definition one will have to find a new name for open source
> *based* software, like for example IBM Websphere, Covalent Enterprize

So what is it? Covalent still fits the 'support' concept in my opinion.. It's support that
you're providing, isn't it (even if it's 'only' configuration tools)?

Arje