cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Holz <h...@fiz-chemie.de>
Subject Re: defects in M1
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 08:35:15 GMT

Bruno Dumon <bruno@outerthought.org> writes:

> On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 13:02, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I just noticed a couple of defects in the new M1 distribution:
> >
> > 1) *.sh do not have their executable bit set.
> >
> > 2) INSTALL.txt has no "Step 2" describing how to compile.
> >
> > 3) Go: cd [Cocoon dist]
> >         ./build.sh webapp
> >
> > And you get:
> >
> > Apache Cocoon Build System
> > --------------------------
> > : bad interpreter: No such file or directorys/bin/ant: /bin/sh
> >
> > I am running: MacOSX 10.2.5 + JVM 1.4.1_01
> > I have tried it on two different systems, on with Ant Binary on the
> > $PATH and one without, both have the same problem.
>
> I'm having the same problem on Linux. Solved it by changing the file
> format (of the tools/bin/ant file) from dos to unix line endings.
>
> All text files in the tar download are in DOS format, and the build.sh
> and tools/bin/ant files don't have their executable flags set, so the
> tar file was probably not created on a unix system. Carsten?

Would it help to change the *.sh to binary in cvs, e.g.
cvs admin -kb cocoon.sh and corresponind changes in
cvswrappers? You don't want to change this files on a Windows
system anyway. But I don't know, if this would cause problems
to cygwin.

If you also change
     $PWD/tools/bin/ant -logger ...
in build.sh
 /bin/sh $PWD/tools/bin/ant -logger ...
the permission problem would go away too.

--
Martin Holz     <holz@fiz-chemie.de>

Softwareentwicklung / Vernetztes Studium - Chemie
FIZ CHEMIE Berlin
Franklinstrasse 11
D-10587 Berlin