cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: Regarding Excalibur XMLUtil and Store
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 13:52:57 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> asks:

> I thought it was obvious that community around code is an
> important thing for an open source project. I guess it's
> still not that obvious.
>
> I aknowledge the two -1 but I will continue to think that any
> part that cocoon is based on which is not backed up by a
> community is a potential harm in the long run.

Does it really matter where the code is located as long as someone cares
about it?  If access to Avalon code can be done in such a way that Cocoon
developers can take care of it relatively easy what else matters?

Of course, making it easy for Cocoon developers to take care of the babies
while they reside in someone else's home might not particularly easy...