cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: invalid caching problem
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 19:52:03 GMT

On Sunday, May 18, 2003, at 01:22 PM, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On Saturday, May 17, 2003, at 05:00 PM, Miles Elam wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Quinn wrote:

>>> That would be good. I have never seen a 304 on my site .....
>>

>> Hmmm...  This makes me wonder...  When was your version of Cocoon
>> built?  The 304 stuff is very recent (last couple of weeks).
>
> OK, I have updated from CVS.
>
> I have started seeing 304s!!
>
> Strangely, they were taking in the region of 20secs to return, which
> seems a bit strange (considering a fresh re-build of the page takes
> less than 1 sec ;)

I have more info about this.

I have TomCat+Cocoon behind Apache 2 using mod_proxy.

When I hit a page that comes from a non-expiring pipeline, that I have
seen before:

First Cocoon reports 'processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1m2-dev in 568
milliseconds'.
Then after a long pause (the browser is still waiting) Apache sends a
304 saying it took 20 seconds.

I have this happening in Cocoon Samples as well. On two different
browsers.

What on earth is happening here?

regards Jeremy