cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject RE: Status of XMLForm in Cocoon
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 13:17:34 GMT
The improvements sound very good and it would be great if these improvements are
also integrated into Cocoon.

This third option seems to be the best.
So is there a plan to write the "glue" between and C2.1 or what could be the tasks?

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Ivelin Ivanov []
Date: mardi, 20. mai 2003 15:05
Objet: Re: Status of XMLForm in Cocoon

>A third option would be for you or your company to jump in an
>contribute to the re-integration of into Cocoon, by
>refactoring what's here to use the components as external
>libraries (provided the license allows it, but I think it
>is the case).
>If this happens, would be in the same position as Chaperon
>and jfor for example, which (try to) live outside of Cocoon but are
>used here through clean interfaces.

If you decide to go with this one, I would be available to answer questions
along the way and maybe code up some of it. It should be a relatively simple
task, since the XMLForm classes have mostly the same interface.

The code base at is relatively stable now.
All bugs submitted in cocoon's bugzilla are fixed.
Other bugs which were reported on the list but were not submitted in
bugzilla are fixed as well.
The tag syntax matches this of the latest W3C XForms draft.
New features (some of which were submitted in bugzilla) like resubmit
control were implemented.

As bad as this "fork" was handled from a community perspective, it allowed
for all the improvements above to happen in timely manner.

The last step remaining is to write the glue (ala jfor and chaperon) between and C2.1.

View raw message