cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <>
Subject Re: Backend cache invalidation
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 14:21:20 GMT
At 10:14 AM 5/23/2003, you wrote:
>Hunsberger, Peter wrote:
>>It seems to me that this must be a classic Cocoon problem, but I really
>>haven't found any discussion of it or how to solve it:
>Have you had a look at the DBPrism stuff? It has a such cache
>integration. [1] ...but I haven't tested this yet.
>Just seen the advertisements from Marcelo F. Ochoa from time to time ;)
>I think it is a good idea ...the only problem is the backend

I looked at his stuff before when I started on the JMS component
but decided that I liked the flexibility of the pub/sub decoupling
and the easier integration with EJB layers instead of raw

By the way, I've also just been thinking about a different pipeline
caching algorithm that would be "optimistic" or "asynchronous" - if
it's in the cache, use it without checking validity first. Then,
clean up later if it was invalid.

View raw message