cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Replace xpatch with xmltask? (Was Re: xconf tool, entity resolver, and new build options)
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 17:10:47 GMT
At 12:54 PM 5/22/2003, I wrote:
>>and to make it worse, Bruno just points me to this:
>>http://www.oopsconsultancy.com/software/xmltask.html
>>(license compatible)
>
>I'm assuming that was considered before xpatch was created and there
>was some valid reason it wouldn't work for us.  Could anyone with
>more info elaborate?  Still, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Just had a better look, and xmltask does look good. The one thing
that is missing is an "unless" type mechanism, though it's not clear
if it's needed.

I'd be interested in other opinions about this.  xmltask is Apache
license (that's compatible right? ;) )  Why bother continuing to
brew our own when a good one exists?

Geoff