cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: xconf tool, entity resolver, and new build options
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 16:41:35 GMT
At 11:32 AM 5/22/2003, you wrote:
>Geoff, we cannot use the xmlcatalog from Ant because that
>is in ant-1.6 and cocoon is currently ant-1.5.3

I later ran across a comment to that effect elsewhere
in the build...

>Anyway, Marc was closest to the mark with his suggestions.
>We need to hook the entity resolver up to the parser that is
>used in XConfToolTask.java

Well, is there any near-term need for doing entity resolving
in XConfTool besides this immediate problem with the web.xml
dtd?  If not, then I think just doing non-validating xpatch
is the right solution (at least for now).

>We can re-use the resolver.jar that is shipped with Cocoon.
>
>I almost have it working here (he says hesitatingly) ...
>will report back soon.
>There is one issue which may cause grief. We cannot redistribute
>that DTD according to its license - we need to get "prior written
>authorization of Sun".

This what tips the scales IMO towards ignoring the dtd during this
xpatch (for now).  The goal driving this work for me at the moment
is simplifying the build/configure process (and simplifying the
process of starting and keeping a webapp built on cocoon up to date).

What do you think?

Geoff