cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: deploying and updating a cocoon site
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 11:55:50 GMT
At 07:19 AM 5/21/2003, you wrote:
>Le Mercredi, 21 mai 2003, à 13:07 Europe/Zurich, Giacomo Pati a écrit :
>
>>...Sure, but the XConfTool files are much more compact and readable to
>>average
>>people as a hole xslt file. We build hole deployable Cocoon apps using that
>>instead of xslt's.
>
>I see your point - if XConfTool is sufficient for one's need (or one wants
>to expand it), all the better! It is certainly easier to grasp than XSLT
>if one does not know either of them.
>
>What would be useful though (and what I was suggesting to Miles) is an
>easy way to plug "configuration patches" in the build process through
>local.build.properties, I don't think this is possible now.
>
>-Bertrand

This is exactly what I started working on last night.  You can indeed either
add or replace nodes with XconfTool, and it works well.  There was a recent
change
which allowed modifying web.xml in this way as well, and my first step has
been to add a ".xweb" file to the database and hsql block that adds the
driver info at build time.  Next step will be to modify config for uploads.

Anyone see a problem with this?  As this is not an architectural level change,
I'm hoping to sneak this in before 2.1 reaches beta.

By the way, at the moment I'm stuck on the fact that the xconf tool (or the
xml
library it calls actually) is not trying to resolve the DTD for web.xml, and
I'm not quite clear how to get it to use an entity catalog (though David C.
has
given me a hint that I'm not yet sure how to apply).

Geoff