cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: source resolving help
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 11:51:46 GMT
At 06:11 PM 5/18/2003, you wrote:
>Geoff Howard wrote:

>>so, I could do (?) FileSource fs =
>>(FileSource)resolver.resolveURI("directory/filename.ext");
>
>Yes.
>>Then I guess I could do orignalFile.renameTo(fs.getSystemId()) or
>
>originalFile.renameTo(fs.getFile) would be better.

Ok, I didn't see a getFile (or Eclipse didn't ;) ) - did I miss it?

>>fs.getOutputStream() ??
>This what you'd like to do if you want to _copy_ the file, or fill the
>target file with some data that doesn't come from another file.

yes, my description was too terse - I'd use the first in the case of
PartOnDisk and the second with PartInMemory.

>>- What are the hidden gotchas?
>You may look at ModifiableSource and SourceUtil.copy/move that give some
>higher abstraction.

I will - although I thought i saw a deprecated on ModifiableSource.  Must
have been the cocoon version, not avalon.

>>- Do I need file:/directory/filename.ext ??
>For the source or the destination ?

destination.

>>- Can I use relative or absolute paths? (eg ../../directory or /var )
>>with this scheme?
>The SourceResolver considers relative paths as starting from the current
>sitemap's directory. And you should be able to use ../.. if needed.

excellent.

Thanks for your patience,
Geoff