cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: FYI: Using Java to define Cocoon Flow
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 12:21:58 GMT
At 01:45 AM 5/13/2003, Bertrand wrote:
>Le Mardi, 13 mai 2003, à 01:15 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit :
>
>>....I'll tell you what: if I had a java implementation of flow in cocoon
>>*today*, I would still use the javascript version for these reasons:....
>
><snip valid reasons/>
>
>I agree that for short flowscripts, javascript is very well suited,
>concise etc.
>(and aren't all flowscripts supposed to be short?)

I wonder - won't it prove useful having the benefit of inheritance and
import in
flow?? (which java would get you) You could then wind up with some common code
that can be reused in whole or in part for different but similar
tasks.  This has
always been a question in the back of my mind about javascript - it seems
like it
will force more copy-paste coding than would be healthy when working on a
larger
system.

Geoff