cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: [Bug] Default-reader depends on JTidy!!!
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 15:04:19 GMT
At 10:23 AM 5/8/2003, Bruno wrote:

>Well, I don't know anymore. Now that I know about this behaviour, it
>doesn't bother me that much anymore. But for people who don't know about
>it, it will still cause confusion.
>
>We should at least document this very well in the FileGenerator, and add
>a parameter to the FileGenerator to disable this behaviour. And maybe
>make it disabled by default, since you would probably be using the
>HTMLGenerator anyway if you want to parse HTML.
>
>But lets hear if others have anything to say about this...

What about just a prominent section on "what about non-xml sources?" that
explains where the "magic" is configured and how to turn it off if
desired/necessary?

By the way, my limited understanding of this is that this is in the source
resolver, but is triggered when filegenerator calls toSax()?  if so, are
there any other places this happens besides file generator?

Geoff