cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Backend cache invalidation
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 19:18:10 GMT

On Friday, May 23, 2003, at 03:21 PM, Geoff Howard wrote:

> By the way, I've also just been thinking about a different pipeline
> caching algorithm that would be "optimistic" or "asynchronous" - if
> it's in the cache, use it without checking validity first. Then,
> clean up later if it was invalid.

Nice idea.

We use the SQL Transformer a fair bit, which is not cachable. In the
site, each explicit query has a unique URL+param signature.

Is it possible in the SiteMap or cocoon.xconf to *force* an un-cachable
component to be cached? (Short of extending the component and
overriding the cache validity methods?).

We have a twin Development/Production server setup. The databases on
the Production server never change in between Releases, when we trash
the whole cache anyway .....

Any suggestions anyone?

regards Jeremy