cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Schlabach <TSchlab...@gmx.net>
Subject XInclude Transformer: XPointer expression with namespaces - see Bug 19423
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 10:46:01 GMT
Dear all,

just wanted to make the list aware of bug 19423 which I updated today. I
have researched this to a point where I feel it might be solved by a patch now.
I am just now sure what the right thing to do would be.

First of all, I did not quite understand the XPointer spec in one point. If
I need to extract the body of an XHTML document called document.xhtml would
the syntactically correct XPointer
be

document.html#xmlns(xhtml=http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml)xpointer(/xhtml:html/xhtml:body)

or

document.html#xmlns(xhtml=http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml)#xpointer(/xhtml:html/xhtml:body)

If there were more then one namespace, should it
be:

document.html#xmlns(xhtml=http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml)#xmlns(abc=http://foo/abc)#xpointer(/xhtml:html/xhtml:body)

or

document.html#xmlns(xhtml=http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml)xmlns(abc=http://foo/abc)#xpointer(/xhtml:html/xhtml:body)

or

document.html#xmlns(xhtml=http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml)xmlns(abc=http://foo/abc)xpointer(/xhtml:html/xhtml:body)

or none of the above?

Also:

- The XIncludeTransformer is not using Xalan-J directly but relies on the
Avalon framework. Does anyone know if the Avalon Framework has any parsing of
XPointer (not: XPath) implemented already so it could be used?

- Do we need to go through Avalon to call Xalan from Cocoon? What's the
value add in that?

Please also read the comments on the bug as a background.

Torsten

P.S.: Talking process: I had submitted the bug some time ago, but nothing
happened at all. I changed the state to "Assigned" but I am not sure if I am
allowed to do so? Who is the authority to decide wether a bug is a bug or not
(and maybe close it or mark it duplicate).