cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: linking from main samples to block samples
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 08:51:40 GMT
Le Jeudi, 8 mai 2003, à 10:39 Europe/Zurich, David Crossley a écrit :

> ...I see that these PDF samples are not linked from the Hello World
> page anymore. Is that because it is hard/impossible to link
> reliably from the main samples to the block samples?
> i.e. if the block is excluded then such links would be busted?

Yes, that's the reason.

> Perhaps it would be okay to just put a short note, e.g.
> "requires block-jfor". It would be good to have all the
> Hello World samples listed on the same page, as well as over
> in each block.

Ok - detecting the presence of blocks or components dynamically is
certainly possible, but AFAIK there's no easy mechanism for relaying
this info to an XSLT page that would include links or not. I'd be glad
to be proven wrong though ;-)

So for now I agree that a notice like you mention is a good idea - as
Tony mentioned it's good to have all helloworld samples listed in one
place.

-Bertrand