cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: invalid caching problem
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 20:39:04 GMT

On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 04:40 PM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>

>> On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 07:04 PM, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> I mentioned this problem a while ago but got no feedback, so I am
>>> trying again ....
>>

>> Hmmm, again, no feedback .....
>>

>> I have done some more tests ..... this is what appears to be
>> happening:
>>
>> If I put this in my pipeline (to reduce server load):
>>
>>     <map:parameter name="expires" value="access plus 120 minutes"/>
>>
>> then whenever:
>>
>>     1) the content has changed
>>     2) I hit reload and the server sends a full 200 response
>>
>> changes in the source used by the file generator are ignored.
>>
>> If I remove that statement and trash the cache, no problem occurs.
>>
>> changes to XSLT are not effected by this bug
>> changes to CIncluded source are not effected by this bug
>>
>> Only the FileGenerator.
>>
>> Either the existence of the 'expires' parameter in the Sitemap causes
>> a change in behaviour in the FileGenerator's caching code.
>

> I doubt that FileGenerator is resposible for this bug. Look into
> caching pipeline implementation.

Thanks Vadim.

I looked into
o.a.c.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.

I get the debug messages from the validatePipeline method on lines 497
and 503, saying the _response_ expire time is later than current time,
so we are ignoring any other caching issues, thereby not checking the
source of the FileGenerator.

The request is being made via a Browser reload, there is no 'expires'
header.

So what time is being set on the response object at this stage, I
wonder?
I've got to go, I'll look further into it tomorrow, hopefully.

regards Jeremy