cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [proposal] move stuff from scratchpad into the trunk
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 13:33:46 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:

> FlowVelocityGenerator to replace VelocityGenerator

-1 to replacing: FlowVelocityGenerator introduces dependencies on
org.apache.commons.jxpath and org.mozilla.javascript which where missing
in original VelocityGenerator.

Also, does it support functionality which is present in original
VelocityGenerator? I can make out of the diff that "objectExports" are
completely gone, and I'm not sure whether other features are still there
or they have changed.

I'm +1 on extending VelocityGenerator but not at expense of breaking
compatibility. I.e., it should not be hard to include couple of more
objects in velocity context -- flowmap and continuation; and session too
-- but preferably this should be done without introducing new
dependencies or breaking existing templates our users may have.

Vadim