cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [proposal] some changestoSourceResolver.resolve(baseURI,location, params)
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 13:29:44 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Bruno Dumon wrote:
>>Ok, back to the new-interface approach: rather than using an
>>ExtendedSourceFactory interface, how about letting the SourceFactory
>>optionally implement an additional interface, URIAbsolutizer. If
>>present, that interface will be asked to perform the uri-absolutizing
>>process, otherwise the default method will be used.
>>The interface would thus look like:
>>public interface URIAbsolutizer {
>>  public String absolutize(String baseURI, String location);
>>The difference with ExtendedSourceFactory is that this one will only be
>>implemented in case the absolutize-strategy differs from the default
>>behaviour, while ExtendedSourceFactory more sounds like a successor to
>>the current SourceFactory.

Does this means current Source implementations that would not be
upgraded to implement URIAbsolutizer will continue using the existing
absolutization scheme ?

If so, we cleanly keep backwards compatibility.

>+1, I like it :)

+1 also !

About the absolutization algorithms, instead of providing a set of
components (how overkill !), what about providing them as static methods
in SourceUtil ? Most implementations will just have to pick the relevant
algorithm in that class, yet some are still able to define their own
fancy algorithm.