cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: [RT] XMLForm
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 07:26:30 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:
> I received a private communication from Ivelin suggesting to replace the
> XMLForm block with the JXForms implementation in the scratchpad,
> incorporating features he added in his xmlform.org code for the 2.1
> release.

+1 :-)

We just started implementing a new application, and before deciding
which kind of GUI to use (native, Swing or web), we are doing a
proof-of-concept using XMLForm/JXForms. So expect me to fill many bug
reports in the coming days.

> Unfortunately, however, the stylesheets that are shipped with XMLForm
> are not generic, but instead, apparently, must be reused in a
> cut-and-paste fashion, and modified for each application.

Indeed. Maybe we should design a helper stylesheet to transform xf:*
elements to HTML <input>s and the like, and leave the composition of
those into a page, using a <table> or something else, to an
application-specific stylesheet. Easier said than done, though.

I'd also like to explore the possibility of deriving client-side
validation code from a Schematron, Relax_NG or other type of schema.

And last but not least, my personal pet peeve: make "views" internal
only. At the moment, IIUC, you cannot call sendPage(URI) if the URI is
matched by a matcher in an internal-only pipeline.

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it