cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/documentation/xdocs/userdocs/flow api.xml continuations.xml how-does-it-work.xml index.xml jpath.xml jxtemplate.xml sitemap.xml using.xml velocity.xml views.xml
Date Sun, 25 May 2003 20:21:47 GMT
On 25/05/2003 21:34 Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Thanks for fixing this, but how did you know what the errors were? All I
> got was "validation failed". No line number, no error message. So I
> simply turned validation off, and waited for someone else to fix it.

I'm using xmllint (from the xmllib distribution) besides the cocoon
build environment (which still reported me *some* line numbers in
several cases, though), and a validating XML editor (Stylus, but any
other will do)

> Chris (who was waiting for someone to fix this)

Glad I could help, although I was muttering 'we really should add
validation into the pre-commit-check script' while doing it - there were
quite creative abuses of the DTD if I may say so ;-)

I hope Bruno won't do the same whenever he starts committing Woody
documentation to CVS :-D

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at