cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Status of XMLForm in Cocoon
Date Sun, 25 May 2003 02:38:37 GMT
If you look in the Cocoon scratchpad you'll find a reimplementation of
XMLForm called JXForms that supports the syntax of the current W3C
recommendation. It can be run as a generator or transformer. I believe
it is a technically superior implementation compared to
XMFormTransformer and should perform at least 10 times faster when
running as a generator. I created this version to allow myself and other
Cocoon users and developers to control the development of this component
inside Cocoon with no dependency on Ivelin's forked version. I don't
have anything against Ivelin personally. It's simply that I am not
interested in working on code at xmlform.org. If he were to choose to
resume development in Cocoon itself I'd be happy to work with him.

Regards,

Chris

Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com wrote:

>The xmlform.org improvements sound very good and it would be great if these improvements
are also integrated into Cocoon.