cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ricardo Rocha <rica...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT/BUG] XSP processing
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 01:27:08 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> Aren't we are building a pipeline in there? For me this asks
> for reuse. We are already have something (kinda) like that.
>
> A generator reading the XSP page, n transformers aka logicsheets
> and a TextSerializer with the result being written to disc ...and
> then being compiled.
>
> Can't we reuse our current pipeline model to achieve exactly this?

Flowscript provides a process(sitemapURI, outputStream) function
that can be used to serialize a Cocoon pipeline onto a given
output stream.

I can imagine a (futile, but entertaining) exercise: prototyping
a flowscript-based xsp implementation. Shouldn't be that many lines
of code methinks... :-)

That said, would one want to re-implement xsp today? I don't know.
For instance, I like flowscript/jexl/xslt much better. Thanks Chris!

Ricardo