cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [RT/BUG] XSP processing
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 21:23:41 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> After talking with Scott on the resin list I took a closer look
> into the the AbstractMarkupLanguage and I realized that our XSP
> part (AFAICS) does *not* use the proper Avalon components to do
> the code creation!!! ...instead used the SAX stuff directly. OUTCH!

:)
It does not. Since the inception of XSP.

> "XMLReader", "XMLFilter" and a "TransformerChainBuilderFilter"
> are being used.
>
> Not sure - this *migt* be fixable (well, let's better call it
> "worked around") by specifing some more properties (so the proper
> XMLReaderFactory is being used) but...

You can start fixing it by replacing those XMLReaders with proper
Excalibur parsers.

> Aren't we are building a pipeline in there?

Pipeline of XSP logicsheets, yes. Built dynamically using reactor
pattern (remember C1?)

> For me this asks
> for reuse. We are already have something (kinda) like that.

This machinery was reused when sitemap was compiled. It was using same
code. As compiled sitemap is gone, now there is nobody to reuse with.
Except, if you implement ReactorTransformer (a.k.a C1Transformer), it
might have common parts with this code.

..

> ...or am I here totally off the track?

No, just 90% of the time ;-)

> BTW:
> why is the Logicsheet and NamedLogicsheet deprecated?

I guess this is mistake. But let's Carsten comment on it.

Vadim