cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <>
Subject Re: deploying and updating a cocoon site
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 17:41:03 GMT

Miles Egan wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 23:00, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>on 5/20/03 7:39 PM Miles Egan wrote:
>>>Right now deploying and updating a cocoon site with new cocoon builds is
>>>fairly painful.  I have to directly edit the cocoon.xconf to toggle
>>>check-reload for the sitemap and edit the top-level sitemap to mount my
>>>sitemap.  It would be great if there were a way to do this without
>>>having to mangle the distributed versions of these files.  Is there any
>>>way to do this that I'm missing?
>>No, since we are aiming for big changes in this realm, we decided to
>>release cocoon 2.1 and attack that problem right after.
>>We are aware of the lack of usability of cocoon from that side and being
>>*myself* terribly annoyed by it, I can't wait until we do release 2.1 to
>>start doing something about it.
>>This is all I can tell you right now.
> Thanks to everybody that replied.  I think for now I'm just going to
> maintain separate copies of cocoon.xconf and the sitemap and clobber the
> cocoon copy when I start it up.  It means manually merging new stuff in
> from these files when they change in cvs, but I can live with that for
> now.
> It would also be pretty helpful if I could refer to global system
> properties in either file.  It would help a lot if I could "ant run
> -Dcocoon.check-reload=false" or something like that and refer to this
> parameter in the xconf or sitemap files.  I couldn't figure out a way to
> do this now (except maybe a custom input module for the sitemap).  Is
> there a way?

ant hack way would be to introduce it during build
you could use copy with @tokens@ that get replaced

or if it would be a smaller xml file to generate you could
consider using the
<echo file="filename-to-make.xml"><[CDATA[<?xml ....

in here the use of ${cocoon.check-reload} will be replaced

not sharp enough on the inputmodules to help there, check-reload
looks to me however as something outside the input-module realm,
but I could be mistaken

> miles

Marc Portier
Read my weblog at