cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Access to the object model
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 12:28:40 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>Ah, so next problem : where isn't IoC possible ?
>>

>:) I knew you would ask this, so ehm..yes..

:-)

>Now, I personally like writing simple code, so I like writing a component that stores
some data in the object model. Now, in order to retrieve the data, I don't want to lookup
the component again, but I want to directly query the object model for it. So, I guess, it's
my personal problem and it enforces you to always use components to get and set data. And
I guess, I'm the only one again who wants to have more freedom when writing code...

No offense intented, but sometimes you have to restrict writing freedom
to have maintainable code. And this is all what IoC is all about : code
is not allowed to get directly the object model, but the object model is
given by the container, thus enforcing a managed and controlled
execution environment for the component.

>So, what about implementing this Context thing then?

+1 from me ;-)

Sylvain