cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Access to the object model
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 08:45:04 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>I even find it cleaner than having to pass the object model as a parameter down to
components that need it, eventually having to pass it through components that absolutely don't
care about it. And if the call chain goes through components that don't allow the transmission
of the object model, then you're stuck to the ugly CocoonComponentManager.getCurrentEnvironment().getObjectModel().

>Yes, and this is exactly one of my points, adding the object model to the signature of
a component doesn't make sense. On the other hand, you need the object model in some implementations.

>I think a simple ObjectModelHelper.getObjectModel() would do the trick for now :)
>
>(Let the flame war start...)

Ermh... is it really cleaner than the CocoonComponentManager hack ?

If we are to officially generalize access to the object model, I'd like
it to be done in a clean way, and using the Context seems better to me.

Sylvain