cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Status of XMLForm in Cocoon
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 13:57:06 GMT
Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

>>A third option would be for you or your company to jump in an contribute to the re-integration
of xmlform.org into Cocoon, by refactoring what's here to use the xmlform.org components as
external libraries (provided the xmlform.org license allows it, but I think it is the case).

>>If this happens, xmlform.org would be in the same position as Chaperon and jfor for
example, which (try to) live outside of Cocoon but are used here through clean interfaces.

>If you decide to go with this one, I would be available to answer questions along the
way and maybe code up some of it. It should be a relatively simple task, since the XMLForm
classes have mostly the same interface.

>The code base at xmlform.org is relatively stable now.
>All bugs submitted in cocoon's bugzilla are fixed.

Do you mean you use Cocoon's bugzilla to manage your project at SF ??

>Other bugs which were reported on the list but were not submitted in bugzilla are fixed
as well.

Which list are you talking about ? The Cocoon list, or the XMLForm list ?

>The tag syntax matches this of the latest W3C XForms draft.
>New features (some of which were submitted in bugzilla) like resubmit control were implemented.
>
>As bad as this "fork" was handled from a community perspective, it allowed for all the
improvements above to happen in timely manner.

What prevented these improvements to occur in a "timely manner" within
the Cocoon code base ?

Sylvain