cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Access to the object model
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 12:13:12 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>>I'm sorry but I still don't see it. Can you come up with a real life
>>example to show your point?
>>

>OK, I will try. Let's take the authentication as an example (I know that
>some don't like the authentication frameworks which can be used in the
>sitemap,

[1]

> but let's forget this for know). The framework is component
>based and has to store 'somewhere' the information about the current user
>for the request, so I can ask at anytime this component if currently
>a user is logged-in for example.
>
>Therefore it makes imho sense to store this information somewhere
>in the line request/object model, because these objects are only valid
>for the current request.
>
>Does this make sense?

Carsten,

You invoke those auth components via the sitemap, right [1]? Which means
that there are sitemap components who know about those auth components
and call them when needed. This means that those sitemap components must
know where to store this info and that auth components need that info,
and they must pass this info to the auth components and back into the
place it is stored. Much cleaner IoC.

Do I make any sense?

Vadim